1.5 T – 3 T 13C Endorectal Coil
13C metabolic MR imaging is getting more and more exciting, especially since this technique is beginning
to be explored in human applications. Dedicated RF coils play an important role in this context. Tx coils
should pose high Tx efficiency for short RF pulses whereas an optimized SNR is needed during signal
reception. Additionally, 1H overview imaging or shimming needs to be available. Last but not least, high
requirements in safety and workflow are set due to application in humans.
- dual-tuned 13C/1H for endorectal studies
- sealed coil head with soft coating
- integrated 13C Urea calibration phantom
- easy coil positioning
- use of 1H body coil allowed
- B0 field strength: 3 T
- approximate housing measurements: 9.7 x 3.1 x 2.2 cm (coil head) / Ø 1.2 cm (coil neck)
- as a prerequisite a dedicated 13C transmit coil is required
For a quotation on this coil please contact us.
Regulatory requirements for medical products will vary by country and MR system. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com (USA, Canada, and South America) to determine approval status for products mentioned on this product page.
Image Courtesy: Fiona Gong, University College London, U.K.
T2 weighted image (A) and diffusion MR image (B) from routine multi-parametric MRI demonstrating a focal tumour (arrow) confirmed at biopsy as Gleason 3+4; more visible on hyperpolarised MRI study as increased 13-C lactate signal (arrow)